Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rancho Pescadero

In March of this year we were lucky enough to go to some dear friends' wedding in Cabo! D & I and some other friends decided to be adventurous and venture out past the resort where the wedding was to be held. We discovered Rancho Pescadero in Todos Santos, Mexico. This is a little town a little over an hour from San Jose Del Cabo (where the airport is). Love. Instant love.

The resort only has something like 15 rooms. Pretty quaint. The rooms were so incredible. Luxury all the way, and they thought of everything. From the bathrobes hanging in the closet to the fresh fruit and coffee delivered to our room each morning to the straw hats and magazines for use at the pool, what's not to love?? I'm a detail girl so they had me right away!

{Our amazing room}

I am a big fan of relaxing by the pool (preferably under
an umbrella for the majority of the time!) with a good book and a tasty beverage. The pool at Rancho Pescadero does not disappoint. We really enjoyed the "water bed", chaise lounge type chairs for two that were actually IN the water. My favorite drink on their menu was the Jamaica Margarita, or Hibiscus Margarita. Yumm. Refreshing, not too sweet  and herbal. Right up my alley! I'm now on a mission to recreate this at home. Hopefully, more on that later! Anyone know how to make Hibiscus-infused vodka?? (I plan on making it a martini....tequila is usually reserved for vacation only!)

 
{The "waterbeds". Love it.}

One of the features of the resort that originally piqued our interest was the fact that they grow all of their own produce there on the ranch. We tried the restaurant for dinner, but the real star was the poolside lunch service. I had a Nicoise salad made up of fresh cut rainbow chard, seared yellow tail caught just that morning and pickled veggies made in house. Yummm. Another dish I want to try my hand at recreating here at home....


Finally, I love the fact that they have all kinds of things for guests to use that are free of charge. They don't nickel and dime you for every little thing. We did yoga each morning in the pavillion. There were fishing poles, surf boards and beach cruisers available. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment