Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears! Oh My!

I can't even remember the last time I went to the zoo. While in the city (San Francisco) a couple weeks back (Giants' Game and stuff), we were trying to come up with something we could do that didn't involve a lot of walking. Well, in SF, that's kind of hard. Luckily, though, Mikey was thinking and brought up the point that some places have wheelchairs available. Oh, yeah, I guess I should mention here that the reason we were worried about all of this was because Tawny is on crutches. Broken foot. What did we come up with? The San Francisco Zoo! Yea!

{Oh, Hey. How you doin'}

{Pretty sure this dude wanted to EAT ME!}

{Totally looks like he's wearing a suit of armor}
 I was pretty impressed by the San Francisco Zoo. There were a lot of animals to see and their habitats looked pretty nice. I mean, it's sad because they ARE in captivity. But I guess if you're gonna be held captive, it helps if you're in a nice place!

{Don't worry, there's a thick glass wall between us!}

All in all, we had a great time. The lion in his cage inside the Lion House was pretty dang cool. A zookeeper was spraying goat's milk from a spray bottle through the bars of his cage and he was super into that. He never let out a full on roar but he did this low pitch kinda rumbly growl thing that definitely made the hair on the back of my neck stand to attention. Scary dude.

The gorillas put on quite a show while we there. There was one big ole silverback who was clearly in charge. He was just chillin on his rock watching everyone when all of a sudden, the urge struck and he showed everyone there just why he's the alpha. Let's just say there were some moms pulling their kids away from the gorilla exhibit at that moment! Hilarious!

The only exhibit that I wasn't totally cool with was the tarantula situation. I HATE spiders. I don't care if they're "good" spiders or what. If they have eight damn legs I am not a fan. And these suckers are HUGE. Ewwwww. Gives me the shivers just thinking about them. But hey, if you're into big ass spiders, go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment