Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Go Giants!!

I have never been a fan of baseball...until now. My baby sister dates a boy who played ball in college and at that time, I developed a little bit of curiosity because I was getting to know Hayden and his world. Still, though, I never watched it on t.v. Once in a while Dean and I would go to games in San Francisco, but I pretty much had no idea what was going on...Fast forward to 2010. The Giants make the playoffs. Suddenly, baseball has gotten kinda exciting in these parts. Dean starts watching a lot more games at home, and I end up paying more and more attention. Next thing I know these guys are heading to the World Series and I've really gotten into them. I love the Giants. They are a group of odd, quirky boys and I think they are so loveable. I was so impressed by them during the World Series and how they conducted themselves in interviews, etc. Naturally, I realize I am super biased, but whatever...


{Hey, Crawford!}
 So, this year we're hopefully on the quest for another series. We'll see. I still am not knowledgeable enough about all of this to tell you if we have a good chance or not. Dean says things are looking good- I'll go with that. Anyway, one Thursday Brewer/Dunn Night (more on those later), the four of us decided it would be a kick to go to a game for Tawny's birthday. Suddenly, the laptop is out and tickets have been bought! I like it....which brings us to just a few weeks ago. July 18 we were lucky enough to be at a game and watched our boys beat the crap out of LA (sorry, Bri). So much fun.  
{My two faves: Brian Wilson & Brandon Crawford}


We cheered enthusiastically (Mikey was hoarse for daaayys afterwards). We ate food that is terrible for us (um, hello, hotdog). We drank a few beers. Tawny bought a Panda Hat. Generally, we had an absolute blast. Since Tawny was on crutches we decided to hang out for a bit after the game was over rather than trying to fight the crowds. Kinda cool to see the field when it's all quiet and empty. The seagulls swoop in and start helping the clean up crew!



{Can you see the seagulls in the background??}

{Tawny's crazy cool Panda hat}
 

{Checking out the dugout. Too bad the boys were already gone!}

{Happy Birthday, Tawny!}


No comments:

Post a Comment