Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Hotel Adagio, San Francisco

When we decided to go to the Giants game with our friends Mikey and Tawny we all figured it would be a good idea if we got a hotel room for the night of the game in the City. That way we could all relax (enjoy a few drinks) and not have to worry about who was going to drive us back late at night. We went with Hotel Adagio on Geary Street just a few blocks up from Union Square. Hotel Adagio is owned by joie de vivre, a company that owns a number of hotels in the city. Seeing as we stay in SF quite often, I figured it wouldn't hurt to join their Joy of Life Club; basically a frequent stayer club. Also, they partner with Virgin America Airlines (who I love; more on them another time). Anyway, made the reservation for a room with two queen beds (we figured we'd save a few bucks and share the room with our friends). Good deal.

{Surprise! Hi, Mikey!}
 So. Upon check-in, I was greeted very warmly by the gentleman behind the desk and he informed me that they had upgraded our room since I am a member of their club. Score! We got our keys and headed to the elevator to check out our room.

We were on the top floor of the building (makes for an incredible view) in the penthouse suite. Double score! There was a master bedroom and a living room. Dean and I decided since it was Tawny's birthday (and seeing as she's on crutches and all) that she and Mikey should take the big bed. Dean and I took the fold out couch--which- I will add- was actually surprisingly ok, as far as fold out couches go.
{Living Room of our sweet penthouse room}

Waiting on the table when we arrived in the room were a welcome card and a bottle of wine! Granted, kinda cheap wine. But hey! Fun either way, right?? At any rate, I was impressed by the fact that they actually take the time to make you feel special for being a member of their club. I'm looking forward to future stays at their hotels now for sure. In fact, I did a little research and found that they also own Carmel Valley Ranch in Carmel and Dream Inn in Santa Cruz. Definitely going to be looking into both of those. If not for a get-away for me and my guy then for a possible destination for our study club!
I am a big fan of the style of the decor they've gone with at the Adagio. Kind of modern and contemorary and at the same time comfortable and elegant. I wish I had taken a picture of the shower. It was o-mazing. I love those shower heads that are like rain falling. What are they called?

As I mentioned before, we had a great view from the top floor of the building. And we were stoked to find that we had a big balcony! One catch. No door! What? Seriously? And, as is common with a lot of SF hotels the windows didn't open very far. Boooo. Never fear. Eventually we discovered that there was a tiny window that DID open and it was just big enough that all of us were able to squeeze through and enjoy the fresh air and that beautiful view. Even Tawny demonstrated some serious agility and got out there broken foot in a boot and all!


{Tawny and the Panda sneaking in through the window!}

No comments:

Post a Comment