Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Heart SF


I've said this a million times and I'll say it again: I heart SF. It's one of my very favorite places and luckily we only live about an hour and a half away! This makes for lots of fun trips to the "the City", as it's referred to around here. Some of these trips are planned in advance and others and completely spur of the moment. Because of this we've also developed a love of Priceline. This past weekend we had already planned on hanging out in the city on Saturday and staying the night after a concert. But, when our friend Brian called and said he and his lovely wife would be in SF Friday night, Dean and I were down for another night. So fun.
Before meeting up with our friends, Dean took me out for a reaaallly nice dinner. He even suited up for me! :) I rarely get the chance to dress up so when hubby suggested we get decked out I was totally excited. And it doesn't hurt that he looks damn hot (excuse me, but it's true!) in a suit. He found a restaurant called Benu for us to try out. What an experience! We decided to splurge and went with the- get this-- 18 course tasting menu. Talk about a time I was sad I didn't have my "big camera" with me! I tried to capture a few of my favorite bites with my point and shoot, but eh. Not even worth it. At any rate, I definitely tried some foods that I'd never had before that night. Heck, I had never even heard of some of them before! Although, I have to admit my obsession with Top Chef did come in handy.

 

After dinner we met up with everyone at Harry Denton's Starlight Room which is on the top floor of the Sir Francis Drake Hotel, right in Union Square. It's a jazz club with tasty drinks. And, while the band is taking a break, they play "the other stuff" and the dance floor gets crowded. We had a great time, not that I expected anything different considering the company we were in! After drinks and a bit of dancing, it was decided that karaoke should be included in the night's activities. Bri's brother knew of a good spot...Bow Bow in China Town. Oh, geez. The boys sang their hearts out and a fabulous time was had by all. Totally can't wait til the next time Bri and Ches head up our way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment