Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Mud Dog

Ohhh, Ginger. Normally such a priss- she'll only do her "business" in one corner of the yard. She "tiptoes" through the grass when it's wet, won't go outside when it's raining. But the dog loves to dig. She is the digginist (a term my Dad once tagged to one of our dogs growing up) dog! Now, she is not a habitual digger. Usually, she doesn't waste her time. But every once in a while, she gets a wild hair and goes craaaazy. Point in case. A couple weeks ago, I get home from work after Dean and rather than immediately letting the girls in from the backyard, I sat down to chat with my husband for a minute. Apparently, this rubbed Princess Ginger wrong and she decided to let me know she did not appreciate this snub. Suddenly we hear this strange splattering noise outside under the family room window. Huh, ok. That doesn't sound normal, best check it out. I go to the door and see this:


Needless to say, Ginger did not come inside right then! She was promptly hosed down instead. Oh, well. I guess otherwise we may have not discovered the sprinkler head that was malfuntioning. It created the perfect muddy puddle for her to play in. I think the funniest part of this whole thing to me is that Lucy did not get one speck of mud on her. You know the whole time Ginger was digging her lil heart out Lucy was standing there like, "ooohhh, you're gonna get in soooo much trouble!" Dogs will be dogs, I suppose! Doesn't she look incredibly happy and pleased with herself though??

No comments:

Post a Comment